The Te Aitarakihi Trust Inc operates a multicultural centre in Timaru with facilities available for use by the community. The aim of the Trust is to continue to develop a gathering place for all cultures, all people, all communities, with the key objectives of promoting and supporting Taha Maori and Tikanga Maori.
The Trust is looking for a highly motivated, experienced and proactive Centre Development Manager to take the centre into the future and drive its growth and development. Reporting to the Board, the Centre Development Manager will strengthen existing relationships, while growing positive new connections within the wider community.
Other key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and applying for grants and funding
- Developing and implementing an effective business plan
- Establishing systems and processes to ensure an efficiently run centre
- Managing budgets and centre resources
- Overseeing all aspects of centre bookings and activities
- Providing leadership and guidance on various projects and initiatives including support of other Boards and Trusts to achieve their key objectives
Ideal candidates will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Links and networks within the Aoraki region, including with iwi, hapu and whanau
- Proven business management and strategic planning skills
- Strong organisational and administrative capabilities
- Highly developed communication, networking and negotiation skills
- An understanding of Tikanga Maori and cultural values is a must; fluency in Te Reo Maori would be an advantage
This role will be for a minimum of 25 hours per week, but will grow as the Centre develops.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key part in the growth and development of an important community resource. Use your skills, knowledge and community networks to drive the expansion of the Te Aitarakihi Multicultural Centre and see your hard work come to fruition in a very tangible way.
If this is an opportunity not to be missed, please email your CV and cover letter explaining your relevance to and interest in the role.
For further information contact:
19 Beswick Street, Timaru, New Zealand, (03) 688 4805 or 0800 STAFFORD